Tuesday 19 November 2013

An apology

Some of you will have no doubt realised that this blog has been a bit silent recently.

Well, OK, by "a bit silent", I mean totally abandoned, and by recently, I mean for the past two years.

You see, things have been pretty busy for me in the last few months (as things sometimes are), and although things are about to get a whole lot busier, I've decided to pay more attention to this poor blog of mine. Because, you see, the fact that things have been busy for me isn't the real reason why I haven't been posting; no, the real reason why I haven't been posting is because I am a very lazy person.

I apologize for being a lazy person.

So, let's just say that I will be paying more attention to this blog in the future. It's been idle for too long now...I feel like I need to write something about something somewhere on here.

Most of the topics I'll post on will be music-related (though I can't guarantee that; all topics might be music-related). E.g. I'm willing to offer some insight into my composing process (there hardly is any!) and talk about some of the tools I use. I might insert an 'oddball' here or there, but I won't worry about that now...I need to get something written in the first place!

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.

As for my Youtube channel, nothing has happened much on there, and I'm afraid that things aren't looking too hopeful. A few days ago I wanted to upload a video containing two tracks from M.A. Hamelin's latest album release: "Busoni: Late Piano Music", the two tracks which are included in Hyperion's November free 'sampler' (i.e. tracks 7 & 36), along with the sheet music. Unfortunately, this 6-minute video barely had a chance to breathe before it was blocked worldwide due to Youtube detecting material possibly belonging to Hyperion Records Ltd. I mean, OK, technically you're right, but I chose those free tracks for a reason! :S

Hence I've more or less given up with uploading other people's works. Unless there's a lot of demand I could head back to Cziffra (whose recordings are relatively 'safe'), or do something new altogether.  

I may be able to compose something and upload it on Youtube, but 99% of the time I end up hitting a brick wall...for reasons I'll cover in another post (and trust me, I have been trying!).

That's it for now! And watch this space - hopefully this place will get more interesting in the future. 

Hopefully.


No comments:

Post a Comment